Sunday, July 16, 2006

Week 3...Dreaming Big of the Boston Qualifier and maybe a sub 3 hr.

I am pleased with last weeks mileage and feedback from my body, so I am going to bump it up 10-15%. A little less speed (No yasso's). I may even try a morning run....shocking, isn't it Ryan? That is a strange territory for me. But since week next week (week 4) is a recovery week, I will go a little harder this week. With the increase, I am going to pay attention to stretching a little more and an ice bath after the 11 and 17 mile runs (if not the 9 and 8 also) .... I always feel 10 times better the next day after a run that I followed up with an ice bath. (as long as my neighbors don't complain about my initial high pinched squeals)

Week 3 Plan (53 miles)

Mon - 5 mile recovery run
Tues - 9 mile. 4 Tempo / LT pace
Wed - 11 Easy (General Aerobic)
Thur - 8 Moderate Pace
Fri - 3 Easy
Sat - 17 Miles LSD
Sun - Rest

Curious how I feel after the 1/2 marathon? Will I bounce back or will I bonk? That will let me know what kind of condition I am in.

PS...Kuddos to Running Rabbit and Mouse for posting comments to my Blog. I read your blogs (Ok some of them)...and you both totally crack my (Radio edit) up. Nice stories. Keep up the blogging and running!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Nice to see you're recording your adventures on here. Nice mileage. 53 this week? With all your advice, you sound like a pro. BTW, I did get my "movement" in the AM -- just can't get it fully dispensed in time! Need sleep for my early run. Later...

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home