Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Obsessive / Compulsive Disorder?

Ryan, your last post got me thinking... Are we being a little obsessive? Here I am in week 3...and I find almost every lunch break that I have a few minutes free at work I am either researching something about my training plan, reviewing my times from either this year or years past, or looking into some way to help motivate myself and/or my friends who are also planning to qualify for Boston. The latest idea...'monetary penalties' for slacking off the training plan. Yep, I proposed the idea to Aaron so that we stay focused. A few dollars here and there just might be enough incentive to keep us honest. If 25cents can be enough incentive for people to return a grocery store shopping cart, can a dollar or two keep me on track? The idea is who wants to have to admit to a friend I am a slacker and ante up a few buck each week. It is not really lost money for I proposed it be put in a 'celebratory' slush fund for after the Chicago marathon. We will see how it flies. Oh my.

Anyway, enough rambling. So my goal is now to post to the blog at least 2 times a week. So far I am on track for this weeks goals.

Mon - 5 recovery. And it was just that. 5 very slow miles. I was tired and somewhat stiff from the half on Sunday. Somewhere around 9 minute miles. At the end I was glad I did the run...I really seemed to loosen up. Which was good, since I had a PSL kickball game. Yes I play kickball and I am over 30. Too funny.

Tues - Legs were still tired, but it wasn't too bad. 9.5 total. 4 miles warmup just over 8 min each. My plan was to run 4 miles at tempo pace but the heat (almost 80) was getting to me. My breathing was labored and I was getting a slight side stitch. So I did 2 miles tempo, 1 slow mile, 2 miles tempo. The tempo miles splits were 6:44, 6:36,6:46,6:41. HR was 167,172,170,174.

2 day total - 14.5 miles

Rest of the week goals...
Wed - A slow 10-11 miles...around 8 minute pace.
Thur - A moderate 6-8 miles
Fri - A recovery 5
Sat - 17 LSD.

3 Comments:

Blogger SRR said...

But if being obsessive and compulsive get you to the goal, it can't be all bad right?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Monetary penalties?? Yah, that's going a bit far for me. Just do the miles.

Nice running. At least your putting some nice slow recovery miles, but no rest after the strong 1/2 marathon performance?

Be sure to listen to your body and rest when needed. After we talked the other night, I'm a little concerned about the lack of rest in your schedule.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home