Monday, July 24, 2006

Recap of Week 3...

I napped today, so I can't sleep right now. So I thought, "why not post on my blog?" Week 3 was great, that is all I can say. Until today, my last day off was 2 Fridays ago...eight straight days of running. Granted 3 days were recovery runs...but still 8 straight days. It is nice to have a day off...and I think I can say I earned it.

Friday - A nice recovery day for preparation for Saturday's long run.
Distance = 4.5 miles
Time = 42 minutes
Avg Pace = ~8:30

Saturday - a long run with Aaron on the Montour trail (site of Septembers 1/2 marathon) Goal was to run the first 12 or so a 7:50 pace and then pick it up to around 7:00 pace. The day was a cool 65 (first cool run in a while) with a slight rain at times. Aaron ran 15...so at mile 8 he turned around and ran 7 back. I went on to 9 and ran 8 back. Needless to say...I felt good so I really tried not to keep Aaron waiting too long at the finish. Really, I felt good...I was able to push the pace coming back...HR stayed below 160 until mile 12...and increased about 2-3bpm each mile after that while I was dropping about 3 seconds per mile to finish mile 17 @ 6:27 pace. Best part is today...if you asked me, do you feel like you ran 17 miles yesterday...I would say no. I could have ran today if the plan called for it. I really am getting my running legs...as they say.

Distance = 17 miles
Time = 2 hr 3 minutes
Avg Pace = 7:11 Miles 1-8, ~7:45pace Miles 9 -17, ~6:45 pace
Avg HR - 154bpm

What a way to cap off the hardest week EVER in my marathon training of the last 3 years. I am very much making progress and it feels great.

Grand Total for Week 3: 54.5 Miles
Mon - 5 mile
Tues - 9.5 miles.
Wed - 10.5
Thur - 8
Fri - 4.5
Sat - 17 Miles
Sun - Rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home