Friday, May 25, 2007

Week 1 Progress...

So week 1 of 20 has started off well. I was lucky to be able to start running again while on vacation. Post-op rehab and running stinks. But I have to do it. Running will be slow for a while...but if I stay focused and on track; slow will progess to moderate, moderate to fast and in a few weeks I will have a solid base to start the maraton program / goal pace training.

Goal Mileage: 25 miles. All slow and controlled.

So far I am right on track.
Monday - 3.6 miles / 8:03 pace
Tuesday - 3.6 miles / 8:20 pace
Wed - 5 miles / 8:08 pace
Thursday - 4.5 miles / 9:49 pace

The only concern at the moment is I get calf pain in the right leg (injured knee). Is it from the DVT? Or is it calf strain from the lack of strenght? Monday - Wednesday I could hardly walk for a couple hours after the run. So needless to say I have been watching it closely...in a worried way. But, Today's (Thursday) run felt much better. So I will continue forward as planned. I really felt I could have gone another 2-3 miles today.

I am getting excited. I think I can do this. Goal is stll - Chicago in sub 2:50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home