Friday, May 25, 2007

The Master Plan

So I came up with my first draft of this years Chicago Plan. I am truly insane I think. I mean I can't run yet (with looking like a complete weirdo) and I have a plan that totals 1200 miles between now and 10/7 (Chicago marathon). Crazy.

My overall plan is this:

  • Begin a Base Phase (slow miles) on 5/21 (less than 3 weeks away) Get up to 40 miles/week
  • Begin Endurance/Stamina Phase (still slow) on 6/11
  • Begin Marathon Phase 1 on 7/9 (exactly 5 months after surgery) Start to incorporate lactate threshold runs.
  • Begin Marathon Phase 2 on 8/6 (6 months after surgery). Pick up the pace phase.
  • Begin Marathon Phase 3 on 9/3. Long miles and hard runs.
  • Begin Taper on 9/17

Peak Mileage during Phase 3 will be 86 miles/week. To do this I need to focus on strenght, flexibility and staying injury free while I rack up the miles. Typically any weight training I do does not involve my legs. This marathon program will until the start of Phase 2.

Could it be my endurance is not that far off? That would be nice. I guess I will findout soon enough...in the mean time, I will give it my all until then.


"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Steve, Glad to see the posts coming. You're right 1200 miles is a lot. Best thing about planning is we can adjust every week. Looking forward to tracking your progress and to your motivation for my training! This will be one of your most amazing feats yet WHEN you rock on race day.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home