Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Week 1 Results..

Oh, I so quickly forget the dedication it takes to get all the runs in. Week 1 goal was 25 miles. Just a measly 25 miles, but I need to appreaciate the fact I am doing this only after 3.5 months after ACL recon...so 25 is impressive. The thing is it requires me to run 6 days...including days over the memorial day weekend. The problem is that I needed to get the yard ready for a holiday get together at our house....which included finishing our back patio. 'Finishing' required laying the last 3,500 lbs of patio stone. Very hard work, to say the least;probably something I shouldn't be doing...but that is me pushing the limits. Spent Friday and Saturday doing that. Too tired to run on Friday and only got half the miles I needed to on Saturday. End result: 2.3 miles short of my goal. Lesson learned: no more slacking and better dedication and scheduling.

Monday - 3.6 miles / 8:03 pace
Tuesday - 3.6 miles / 8:20 pace
Wed - 5 miles / 8:08 pace
Thursday - 4.5 miles / 9:49 pace
Friday - Off. 6 hrs Cross-training in preparing yard for the laying of patio stone.
Sat - 3 miles / 8:46 pace. After 8 hrs of cross-training (laying 3,500 lbs of patio stone)
Sunday - 3 miles / 9:15 pace.

Week 1 total - 22.7 miles

So week 2 didn't start off the best when I skipped the 4 mile Monday run. But I felt better when today I ran the planned 6 miles.

Mon - Off
Tues - 6 miles / 8:15 pace. Last 2 miles where 7:35 and 7:34 respectively.

Calf is very tight after this run. Seems the stress of a faster pace is too much for the calf at this time. But it is good to see I have the ability to get in a faster pace. I need to focus on getting in the miles, and not paying attention to the pace. The speed/confidence will come...I just need to keep telling myself that.

Off to dream land...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Dedication AND meticulous planning, I might add, will get you to cover your mileage every week. Look for potential risks in your schedule and plan for them before they hit. Adjust when necessary. Plan, adjust and plan so more... then hit the miles. Congrats on a solid week back.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home