Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Week 2 dissappointment...

I am not happy with myself. Only 2 runs in this week. The 6 miler on Tuesday concerned me so I took Wed off. Thursday I had an after work function (Pirate's game) so a run didn't happen then. Friday I was beat from a hard work week...so that left Saturday for the next run. Not good. I am dissappointed to say the least. But as I write this, it motivates me...so here on in, I will be better, much better.

Saturday's run was an 8 miler. SLOW. THis is long stuff, especially after all my knee has been through. I ran slow...but I got it in, and I felt pretty good. 10 miles. 1:23. Ugghhh that is 10:24 pace. I had plans to run another 8 on Sunday. But after Church Sunday morning, the heat, then shopping for a new TV for the bedroom and a new office desk, I had no motivation left. Just when I was stepping outside to run, the rain came. Ugggh. No more excuses.

Week 3 starts today.
Mon - 8 miles. 1:06. 8:14 pace. This was a hilly run, so I am happy.

Goal mileage for week 3. 40+ slow miles. I can do the slow miles without much difficulty, but it kills me mentally. A 10 miler at the end of the week is going to take about 90+ minutes. That is a good aerobic workout, but how in the heck am I going to run 6:30 pace for a marathon training like that??????

I need to learn patience. In time all will come together, in time.

Goal for tomorrow's 8 miler: A flat 9 minute pace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

You said it - patience is key. But you also need to make sure you hit your schedule. Sounds like there is no physical issue for you to do the miles. I would focus on volume. Cover the distance and stick to plan. I highly suggest you try to overcome your morning aversion to running. Then when the pirates game opportunities come up, you're already done. It's a great feeling (like today) getting to the office at 8:30 with 10 miles in the bank. This may be hard early on with your slower paces, but it can be done.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home