Monday, July 09, 2007

Week 7 Results...

Well...another overall pleasing week; although I was 6 miles short of goal. But I am Ok with that. I started off the week with 2 days off...so that puts me in the hole early on, then the travelling over the weekend / heat wave makes it hard to play catch up. I am pleased though with the pace I am running now...I am back in the thick of things. I will find out were I stand for sure come this Sunday...my 1st race since injury, the Erie 1/2 marathon. Goal - Better than the 1:30 last year. Can I do it???

Recap - 44 miles
Mon - off
Tues - off
Wed - 12 'steady state' miles @ 7:26
Thur - 8 miles. Six at Tempo pace of 6:43. Sweet!!!
Fri - 6 miles @ 7:13 pace.
Sat - 18 miles. 8:20 pace.

The interesting thing is I ran Friday at 11:45 PM since we travelled to Philly. Ran hard to get the mile in quickly since it was so late. I ran Saturday at 11am to 1:30pm so in the span of 12 hrs I ran 24 miles. The 18'er was in the heat, temp's over 80 degrees. So I am pleased with my performances of the week. My average run pace for the week is about 7:30. That is huge...since 6 weeks ago I was pushing 9-10 minute pace; and that was for only 3 miles.

Goal for next week...Upper 50 miles (get back on track) and run a personal best Erie 1/2 marathon.

So there it is in writing...I will run a sub 1:30 half. ONLY 5 months and 1 week after knee reconstruction!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Sweet progress - where is the 1/w marathon race report?

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home