Monday, June 25, 2007

Week 5 Results...

So...wow...this running stuff in the summer is tough. As if I didn't know that or should know. Not sure why...but man, I was tired this week. Maybe I am increasing my miles too fast? Maybe the knee/leg rehab is taking its toll? Maybe both. I was a bit dissappointed in only that I had to take a few extra rest days due to my schedule and just my general feeling of exhaustion. Maybe I need to sleep more too!!!

Mon - 10 miles
Tues - Off. 3 hrs of rain after work made it hard to get out and run.
Wed - 10 miles.
Thur - 8 miles. Good solid tempo run of 3 miles in the middle of 7min, 6:50 and 6:30. Felt good and I was surprised to be able to hold that pace.
Fri - Off
Sat - Off
Sun - 16 slow miles. Ran during the heat of the day...mistake #1. Didn't eat much in the morning...mistake #2. But I got it in.

Total mileage: 44 miles. Not too bad.

Goal for week 6 - I think I am going to let myself keep the same goal of upper 40 miles. I am going to shift my day off to Monday since the long run on Sunday should have taken some out of me. I am also going to put in some biking into my training on the days I want to rest from running. Goal for the long run will be another 16 miles or so.

So far, I am pleased with my progress. I really have no room for disappointment or frustration...I know what I am up against with the come-back I am pursuing. 3 weeks until my 1st race...the Erie (Presiqle)Half Marathon...Goal - attempt to run as close to 1:30 as possible...am I crazy???

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Keep it up, man... you are way ahead of plan. Patience and focus will bring progress.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home