Monday, July 23, 2007

Week 8 and 9 Results...

So I have been slacking in my blog posts, now I must catch up on two weeks worth. All in all, the last two weeks have been eye openers; and I have met some good milestones. Week 8 ended the prep work phase, ended the ' rehab' phase, ended with my 1st race since October last year and was the 1st marathon phase for this upcoming October marathon. Week 9 ended with my 1st 20 miler of the season. So here are the results...

Week 8 - 44.5:
Mon: 8 miles recovery
Tues: 10 miles general aerobic
Wed: off
Thur: 8 miles general aerobic
Fri: 4.5 miles recovery
Sat: off
Sun: 14 miles. Erie half marathon in 1:28:21

Week 9 - 52 miles:
Mon: off
Tues: off
Wed: 14 miles Solid run - 7:50 pace
Thur: 8 miles Solid run - 7:20 pace
Fri: off
Sat: 20 miles. 1:26:40 - 7:20 pace. Also note ~5min negative split. 2nd 10 - 1:10:30
Sun: 10 mile recovery

I wanted to run the Erie 1/2 marathon in under 1:30 (see last post)...and I did. In week 9, I wanted to run over 50 miles...and I did. Interesting fact: 52 miles in 4 runs...that's and average of 13 miles per run!!!!. The 1st 20 miler...cake, I could have run harder. That is a great sign for me. Also the fact that I ran 10 miles the day after so that is 30 miles in two days. Hello....that is a record for me!

While there is a lot of good news...it is all not a rosie picture. I still have a partial clot in my calf that is not going away, so I am still on blood thinners. While most of the time it doesn't bother me, about once or twice a week I get a noticeable calf pain/strain. Worrisome?!?, yes but only in terms of "Is this something I will have the rest of my life?" or worse, is this going to pose a problem when I least expect it? I wish it just would go away...it has been 5 months. They keep telling me the timeline is 3-6months...so I quess there is still time.

Week 10 goals:
- I have been in the upper 40's / 50 miles a week range for about 5 weeks now...so I am going to bump up the miles to get into the 60's.
- I am going to switch gears a bit to get more endurance. Lately tempo has played a key factor due to the 1/2. I will cut back to 1 tempo run for the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

52 miles on 4 runs... just think if you bumped it up to 6 runs, if you could... you'd be teasing that 2:49. BUT, you need to tread lightly -- stay healthy. Amazing progress... keep it up.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home