Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Week 11 Results...

So I used Week11 as a step down week...in prep for a 5k time trial and the upcoming step up to 70 miles. So many conversation with my family really have me mentally drained in some regards...but in other regards have me recharged to take full advantage of life's opportunities....which includes the realization that I am truly blessed in so many regards.

Week 11 results 40 miles
Mon - Off
Tues - 12 miles in the heat
Wed - Off
Thur - 12 miles in the heat
Friday - Off
Sat - 16 total. 1.5 mile warmup, 5k, 1.5 cooldown. Picnic and then a 10 miler in the heat.
Sun - off. Spent time with Family.

Did I say I ran in the heat? I really think I am becoming acclimated to running in the heat. It doesn't bother me too much.

5k report...18:44. Right on target. THe interesting thing is I can run faster, I know it. Problem is I have not reconditioned my VO2 abilities since the knee surgery has reduced my ability to train for speed. Mile 1 - 5:44, Mile 2 - 6:02, Mile 3 - 6:22. Mile 3 I could not catch my breathe. It was not an issue of leg fatigue, but getting oxygen into the body. I am siked about that. A few weeks of some VO2 focused runs...and I bet I can run low 18 if not a sub 18. I really believe that.

Goal for Week 12 - 72 miles. I will be throwing in 1 VO2 workout...and 1 Tempo run.

All of this in 85+ degree weather with 85% humidity. But I am not concerned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Glad to see the confidence building - especially no concerns about the heat. It's super muggy here right now... and i am about to go out for run #2 of the day at 8pm.

I plan to join the 70-mile club next week. Good luck going for 72.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home